There are lots of Livejournalists who take pretty good photographs. Of this we are all aware. This is why I’m running a Livejournal-based Photography Competition in the hopes of harvesting some visual delight for indie magazine, The Escapologist.
“Escape”. The theme is deliberately vague, but here are a few suggestions as to what your photographs might be about:
* a hobby or interest that provides an escape route from rubbish modern life
* incarceration, entrapment or claustrophobia
* freedom or liberation
* a place you seek to escape from – an office or other workplace
* a place you’d like to escape to – a seaside resort or distant space station
* idle dreams or fantasies to which one might escape
* escapological vices: drugs, alcohol, sex or Star Trek
Go nuts. Be imaginative.
* All good pictures will be published along with your name (or pseudonym if you prefer) in the magazine.
* The best five will receive free copies of the magazine when we go to press.
* The very best one will make it onto the cover of Issue Two.
Either post your pictures in the comments thread of this entry or email them to info[at]the-escapologist.co.uk